Saturday, March 27, 2010

MAC Week 4 - Response - Sam Turner


Friday, March 26, 2010
Overload
Now what do you do to make yourself have major stress overload? Well first you start with major revisions to your final thesis draft that is due at the end of a week. Then you sprinkle in work where your company is starting the process of rolling out a brand new service and having a vital role in the whole process. Now for the cherry on the top of this dessert, you get a text telling you your dad is going in for emergency surgery late at night only to be awakened to be told that he died on the table. You ask are you kidding, and when your told no I wish I was he did not make it. Your life becomes a huge train wreck. Next thing you know your having to plan a funeral, finish the rewrite of the thesis and stay strong at your regular job.

I highly recommend to everyone trying this method for your own sanity. All kidding aside, if not for a strong wife behind me, I would have gone crazy. I just hope that my thesis does well upon its review.
Posted by The Precog at 9:40 PM
Labels: Death, Funeral, Job, Overload, Sam Turner, Thesis
1 comments:

rebbiej said...

I think that we all have had months in which it felt as though we were destined to fail, quit, or just plain 'lose it'. I am thankful that your wife has stood beside you and given you the needed support. It is good to be able to express all that is happening in our lives because it permits us to allow the healing to start and to put everything in perspective.

I am praying (seriously) for your family and that all our theses will accepted with no major revisions. Hang in there... one part of your stress is about to be greatly diminished!
March 27, 2010 8:22 AM

http://www.faithclipart.com/category/prayer-clipart.html

No comments:

Post a Comment