Sunday, March 7, 2010

MAC Week 1 Reading - Chapters 1-3


I can tell that within the pages of 'The Art of Possibility'I am going to be challenged in my thinking. My mind is not one to normally think 'outside' of the box. I have a friend who is a very good artist and is convinced that anyone can learn to draw. My reaction is always the same, "I don't see what you see". And in reality, that is a fact. Hard as I try, I am finite in my ability to see what many others can. My "thoughts and actions, in this moment", are definitively reflections of the measurement world. I tend to stick with the "are" and not the "how"... the what is, verses true inquiry. As I assess why I am the way I am, can I pinpoint exact reasons? Surprisingly, the answer is yes, which in many ways makes it easier for me the be able to take a step back and now to add the "How". That is going to be one of my goals for the duration of this course!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. It's good to be able to step back and self-assess without added pressure that might influence the assessment one way or another. Great insight.

    ReplyDelete