Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MAC Week 3 - Free Choice - Joe Bustillos Blog


As I was considering what topic to reflect upon, I once again wondered different sites and pages to see if anything inspired me. While some reading was interesting, mostly I read things in which I have already forgotten. Thus proving each topic was not worthy of a response. I then went back to Week 3's Blog requirement page and saw that Joe had a blog of his own, entitled, 'Education Re-Examined'. I appreciate that Joe participates in projects freely, while the majority of EDMT learners are writing for grading purposes. As I watched the different videos (Mary Screaming...she is going to get teased from me tonight on FB, the new Educatium Blog, and the now famous 'Gotta Keep Reading' video) and read several blog entries, I was impressed in so many ways.

Joe, the photography skills you possess is amazing - I felt as though I were at the school as you captured this exciting moment. Of course, I have watched the video at least 25 times, and have sent it on to my administrators (before it made onto Oprah), but there is still something to be said of a moment in time being captured in a still photo!

To view the productions of former students gave me an affirmation to the possibilities that lay before me as graduation draws nearer. I keep asking myself as May 7th approaches, "Now What?" "I will have this degree, but what can and will I do with it?" "Do I feel confident enough to talk to anyone about have a degree in technology?" "Does anyone really care what I think and how I feel?" I am finding I need to dream before the reality may occur.

If you have not checked out Joe's blog (http://joebustillos.com/category/education-re-examined/), please do... you are in for a fantastic treat!

The instructors that I have been privileged to learn from over the past eleven months boggles my mind; Michelle Haynes (2Xs), Lisa Smith, Kathy Craven, Dr. Siegel (2Xs), MLT Beth Strudgeon, Dr. Deason and Dr. Gibson, have all stretched me in more ways than I can imagine. Now to have Joe Bustillos and Sue Bedard guide us to our goal, all I can say is, 'THANK YOU'!!!

1 comment: