Sunday, March 7, 2010

MAC WeeK 1 - Content Proposal


As I have been struggling with thinking through and create my Content Proposal, hence my Media Project, I have come to a roadblock! The basis of my proposal is to convince my school district to implement a females-only introductory Computer Science course. The reasoning is based on research that proves that the attitudes, perceptions and participation of young females changes dramatically when given the opportunity to be in such a class. The problem I am challenged with currently is how to address the sections of the proposal that requires the instructional goals and forward. Hopefully, an epiphany will overcome me by tomorrow night, or some of my fellow classmates can help me :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rebbie!

    How is your media project addressing or assisting your thesis topic? Is the media project some sort of media that works towards convincing the school district of the value of your course, or are you going to show a portion of your proposed course as the media project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bianca, I am creating a Website that will include video of eighth students responding to current us of technology and the reaction to having a 'female-only' CS course as an offering in ninth grade. I am also going to include some graphs and text based on my research. This will be media project will be presented to my school board in April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent subject matter. You won't get a poor grade or incomplete if your school board or school doesn't support your request or if they put off voting on the proposal before your presentation.

    ReplyDelete