Saturday, March 6, 2010

Discussion Board - Topic 1

During this past year, I have been very conscious of using as many of the different applications as possible that Full Sail has introduced in our many courses. However, due to many of the applications being on my Mac, I have had to create lessons at home, then either take my computer to school, email the presentation to my school account or upload to Viddler. In this particular situation, I emailed my lesson to school, and foolishly, did not take my computer as a backup, only to find out that the entire server was down. My solution, I called my husband, who works from home and had him bring my computer to school, pronto! If he had not arrived in time, my next option was to create a lesson related to the topic on the fly (which I despise doing). I teach Family & Consumer Science, so my greatest desire is to give the learners a break from traditional teaching styles in a relaxed atmosphere and be creative in presentation and learning applications. I have learned to test my lessons out and always have a ‘backup’ plan in place!

1 comment:

  1. Always good to have a plan B... I can't tell you how many times I had to deal with servers down, blocked websites that we're blocked the day before and the power going out. Loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete