Monday, March 15, 2010

MAC WeeK 3 - Media Project


http://patrickweb.com/images/clipart.com/boardroom.gif

Working on my Media Project has not gone smoothly whatsoever. Having a migraine that has kept me literally down and out has played a relatively minor role. However, thoughts keep swimming around in my head about how I want to design my project and implement in the best format. Several aspects of my media project are currently in the works, but I am finding out that like my thesis, changes will be ongoing. This project appears to self-evolving in many ways. My students have been more than cooperative in my interviewing of them, although coming across more rehearsed than I would prefer. I made the mistake of letting them see the questions in advanced, rather than taking more of a ‘man-on-the-street’ which would come across more natural.

I am excited about the progression of my project, just am a bit apprehensive on whether it will all be finished in the time allotted. To know all the time and effort I have put forth for the last eleven and one-half months, put me in a position of almost sabotaging myself, as I am not sure I want this journey to end. However, I do know I will be walking on May 7, 2010 with as many of my classmates as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the migraine. If it makes you feel any better I'm right there with you. I say we both exchange our CLEARLY dysfunctional heads for newer, less-migraine prone ones.

    Good luck with the project... I know you'll get it all ironed out in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us have the feeling that then project is taking on a life of its own. I had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted my project to be coming into this time, but as I work on it I keep finding other ways to go and new information that I believe to be more important. It is like my thesis and solution are evolving.
    However, with that evolution comes the pressure of time. In many ways I feel like I am trying to smash a giant squid in a small box by next Tuesday, when we present our projects. It may seem odd but I see the process of technology and the process of this project as very similar. Both evolve and change at a very fast rate and it is up to us to keep up with it, research what is new and attempt to incorporate it into what we do. I do not know if that is the purpose or what is meant to be taught, but it certainly the lesson I am learning in doing this.
    I am also learning that even with the best intentions in mind, some people just do not want anything to do with your project. I have been actively seeking permissions to use certain parts or wording from certain sites that I come across. Many have been very cooperative in sending a creative commons response in moments. Others have absolutely denied all use of their material. This is despite the fact that their material is aimed at youth and Internet safety and ethics. Fortunately there is plenty of material to use, but the resistance to spreading your message seems odd.

    ReplyDelete